Friday, May 24, 2013

End of the School Year

It's that time of year again.  Books are being turned in.  Lockers are getting cleaned out.  The classrooms are entirely stripped from the school year's content.  Teachers are scrambling to finish grading papers.  Summer is in the air and most teenagers are thrilled to finally get away from school.  But what some of us don't realize are the changes happening around us.  Friends are either moving away, getting their licenses, or even getting their first real job.  These are the hints that we're starting to reach the beginning of adulthood.  This year has been difficult, but it has also been enlightening.  I've met new friends and even teachers that have impacted my life.  My friends have taught me lessons that they informally gave to me.  One of my teachers has taught me wonderful lessons on life that I will forever keep in my heart.  This year has been emotional and these changes are instantaneously happening that I can't even keep up.  This last week of school has been the hardest in my life.  There's a possibility that I might be moving again and to say goodbye to some of these people brings me to tears.  They've brought me something that my family has failed to offer and that's--hope. These people that I've known for a short period have been such inspiration to me that I can't even begin to explain why.  For most teenagers, the end of the school year signals joy and freedom.  But for the small part of us it signals a heartbreaking reality.  The reality that things are changing at a painstakingly fast rate and the only thing I can do is accept it.  This summer is so obscure that I can't predict what will happen, maybe that's why I'm so anxious about everything.  One last thing, I hope everyone has an amazing summer and I hope we all accomplish something over the next two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment