Monday, May 28, 2012

Slut

The word "slut" is a derogatory term to call other women who are considered "promiscuous".  I say women because when was the last time you heard a man being called a slut?  Ha, never.  Men usually get all the praise when they get laid.  And yet why is it so different for women?  If you're in high school then the word "slut" gets spread around like wildfire.  I shake my head whenever women call other women sluts only because they had sex once.  I remember a guy called another girl a whore because she had sex once and yet he wasn't a virgin either.  Such a double standard.  Sometimes the definition of slut has nothing to do with sexual acts and it focuses solely on looks.  If you have too much make up, if you wear little clothing, or if you are more developed, then you are basically screwed.  It's pretty stupid considering people bring biological factors into the equation.  Like seriously you're going to judge a woman because she has bigger boobs?  You know what, this reminds me of Mean Girls.  Remember the phrase, "You have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores!  It only makes it OK for guys to call you sluts and whores."  And that is absolutely true, guys call girls sluts for the wrong reasons.  Now I must admit I used to call other women sluts for the most inappropriate reasons.  But I've learned!  I learned that it isn't my place in this world to control another person's sexuality.  This applies to everybody, not just high school students.  I have two videos from Laci Green.  I strongly recommend watching them, she explains this subject better than me.

THE SLUT SHAMER

she's such a SLUT

No comments:

Post a Comment