Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Vanilla

Is there such thing as vanilla people?  People who go with the flow and everything they talk about has already been heard before, very generic people.  I would like to think that each person is unique mentally.  I say mentally because if you expressed yourself physically then you would be shunned for being yourself.  Does it make sense?  No, but hey one day we'll learn.  There are times where I just think to myself, 'wow that person is very generic and unoriginal.'  There isn't anything unique or interesting about that person that makes me want to jump up and down and appreciate their unique spin on things.  For some reason I keep thinking about a teacher that I have.  He isn't horrible it's just he's very vanilla.  Plain and simple.  I'm one to complicate things and make it intricate, sometimes it's too intricate.  It's like vanilla ice cream.  It's plain and boring but once you add the M&M's, sprinkles, and chocolate sauce then it becomes exciting!  We need to add the M&M's, sprinkles, and chocolate sauce to our life and make it explosive.  But is living a vanilla life really not that bad?  Is it just me who is used to ambitious thinking?  This is one thing I think about way too much.

4 comments:

  1. I find I want to be heard sometimes, but not seen...

    You have done a great job on the A to Z Challenge...
    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    A to Z Co-Host
    My New Book:
    Retro-Zombie: Art and Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla is a great accompaniment to almost anything, without it the non-vanilla's wouldn't stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I couldn't agree more but what if you're vanilla...and you actually have a whole bunch of nerds, and other sweets & sours inside you? but you can't nessicarily bring them out... or...if the non-vanilla's are actually chocolate covered vanilla icecream?!...I find myself lost inside this whole new theory!! =D

      Delete
  3. Interesting analogy, thanks for sharing
    (random visiting via the a to z challenge)
    martine

    ReplyDelete