Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Competition of Friends

Facebook is the social network, reconnecting with friends all over the world.  Yet some people think it's cool having 1093 friends on Facebook!  Who has that many friends?  Teenagers.  Teens my age think having that many friends is empowering.  My question is, do you really know that many people?  I mean you have lived in this world for 14 or 15 years and you personally know 500+ people?  I mean come on!  I don't think you talk to everyone individually.  Yes when I first began using Facebook I added as many people as I could.  Then it hit me... 'do I really know these people'?  Yeah I see them in the hallways or we have small talk but do I really socialize with them enough?  If I narrowed down the friends list to people I only talk to I will have about 10-15 friends.  Having 1000 friends is like a high school!  Better yet it is a good portion of your community!  Having a lot of friends does not make you "cool"!  If everyone did house cleaning with their friends list, I bet most of us would have at least under 50 friends.  

I failed to mention how the "why I stopped believing" series worked.  I didn't want to overwhelm you with those posts in a week so I wanted to split them up every other post until the series has ended.  Have a productive week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment