Friday, November 18, 2011

High School Dropouts

This is a very touchy topic for some people.  I would like to say that this is my opinion and it is not intended to hurt anyone.  


The dropout rate is increasing each year.  Why?  Well about 40% of people say that middle school never prepared them for high school.  There really isn't a way to prepare yourself for high school.  The only thing they told me about high school was the credits and some classes I could take.  That's the only way to "prepare" yourself for high school.  Entering high school is like entering a new realm.  I know that sounds cheesy :P.  One other interesting reason is that the classes are not interesting... how are they not interesting?!  It really depends on where you go but there is so much classes you can take in high school!  I always thought in middle school there was absolutely nothing interesting.  While typing this I found a website on different reasons to why people drop out.  One reason that caught my attention was, "too much freedom".  This is very interesting.  The guy talked about how he saw other people doing whatever they wanted to do.  Essentially what I'm getting from this is that rules aren't strict enough?  High school isn't too hard.  All you have to do is show up and do your work.  Nothing in life is easy and that's the cold truth.  You can't just wing high school, you have to put some effort towards it.  Now there is another big reason for dropouts.  Some are influenced by friends.  Now that's a different topic I'll discuss later.  Later folks!  Have a majestic day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment